Vaillant Learning Portal: Family business revolutionises its approach to training with successful blend of e-learning
One hundred and forty year old family business revolutionises its approach to training with successful blend of e-learning, workshops, hands-on skills and online performance support, encased in a single sign-on Totara LMS.
Why we like it
- A good example of an elearning agency working in strategic partnership with customers.
- Designed to be a support tool to help independent heating engineers to install and service Vaillant products easily.
- Example of elearning for “the one off market” – sole traders or people working for themselves (time poor, sensitive to cost of time training).
- A blended solution using elearning in classroom as pre-assessment so the trainer can see where to target the training.
- Many of the online resources are designed to actively support classroom training, such as the interactive circuit boards simulation, which allows installers to practise wiring up a heating system without having to go anywhere near live electricity.
- Use of ipad for trainer to keep abreast of progress on all the trainees in class
- Good instructional design: instructional video, visuals, step by step approach, testing, feedback.
- Totara Learning Management System (LMS) integrated with a single sign-on to the Vaillant Advance platform, to support 7000 installers.
How to improve this elearning
We’d look at integrating badges so learners can work their way towards a trophy cupboard and see what awards they’ve earned along their learning journey.
Elearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 9/109/10
- Content - 9/109/10
- Learning - 9/109/10
- Creative - 9/109/10
- Overall - 9/109/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.