Training Bricks: On The Farm
A course created to demonstrate how the built in Bricklayer exercises and branching features can be both effective and great fun to work with!
We why like it
- Great example of powerful branching elearning, demonstrating the logic sequence which you can use as a ready-made framework on which to create an interactive course.
- Activities are available from within the content, to create an interactive learn-do sequence
- Nice interactions and graphics.
- Good used of sounds to enhance the farm experience e.g. you get a moo sound when you make a mistake in the activity related to cows.
- Branching means that you experience a degree of adaptive learning, you get sent back to the knowledge section if you fail a task. Then you get to redo the task.
- Resources means you can search for specific aspects of the course e.g. an image of a sheep or a weblink. The resources are neatly classified to make them findable as well as searchable. E.g. Videos, audio, images, links, documents etc.
- You can bookmark screens to find them easily later
- You can increase and decrease size of text and images.
- Transcript available
- User driven learning – menu allows you to do the knowledge/learning stuff or jump straight into the test to see what you know already and identify the gaps
How to improve this elearning
We’d add a few videos just to make it really real and we think the gaming aspect calls out for badges which you can collect when you complete an activity.
Elearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 8/108/10
- Content - 8/108/10
- Learning - 10/1010/10
- Creative - 9/109/10
- Overall - 9/109/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.