Smart Sparrow: Learn Genetics
This little interactive objects has you collecting genetic information from a patient in a Virtual Lab to establish the identity of a character’s father.
Why we like it
- Provides video ‘help’ function which shows the step-by-step process and leads the learner towards the correct response.
- Great use of imagery – full-screen background image to situate the learning in a lab, and high quality content illustrations for the activities.
- Good example of a simulation – lets you conduct the experiments and practise the processes.
- Scaffolded instructional design – provides guided learning to help you if you get stuck, but doesn’t force the learner to go through training if they are progressing well. Gives learners a chance to take the test again after the training intervention.
- Gives learner opportunity to do some research first or press ahead in the process.
How to improve this elearning
We might include a little voice over media for the instructional element, to give the tutor a voice and let the learner choose to listen rather than read everything.
Elearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 9/109/10
- Content - 9/109/10
- Learning - 9/109/10
- Creative - 9/109/10
- Overall - 9/109/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.