Post Primary Languages Initiative: Teachers’ Use of the Target Language (TL)
Developed in Storyline, this interactive module is aimed at language teachers with the purpose of trying to get them to increase the use of the target language in all circumstances in the classroom. It has audio narration and uses simple animations with photography to explain the key points. Real-life teaching videos are used to ask learners to spot the use of TL.
Why we like it
- Audio narration complements the on-screen display and doesn’t read it out
- Can replay sections at any point
- Videos from real classrooms really bring it to life
- Challenges learners to identify what’s happening in the videos
- Asks learners to pinpoint the actions they will take from this training
- Can make notes along the way
How to improve this elearning
The videos are such a rich asset, it would be great to make more of them and see them earlier. There’s a fair amount of tutorial content to go through before seeing it in action – flipping this might save learning time. Also consider presenting the objectives in a more engaging way and making more use of visuals to exemplify the learning points, rather than using keywords.
Elearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 6/106/10
- Content - 7/107/10
- Learning - 7/107/10
- Creative - 6/106/10
- Overall - 7/107/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.