Family of Heroes
Focusing on just one conversation, this excellent scenario based module helps us see situations from one another’s perspective, manage our emotions, and recover from mistakes.
Why we like it
- Scenario based – each scenario is a ‘conversation challenge’ with choices centred on one conversation, the learner directs the conversation by choosing from a set of responses when prompted. Branching then takes learner down route depending on choices.
- Very strong script with good use of natural language.
- Great use of animated avatars – makes the scenarios believable.
- Choice of audio on gives a real sense of the characters’ voices and being in the middle of the conversation.
- Goal is to help a couple see the situation from another’s perspective, manage emotions, and recover from mistakes.
- Instant feedback – there’s a very neat ‘argument intensity’ counter – you can gauge how you are doing with each choice you make. Good choice makes the counter go down, bad choices, and the counter goes up!
- Use of expert on the side provides fuller feedback at the end of the scenario, tailored to feedback on the choices you made.
- Provides links out to organisations for further help and support.
How to improve this elearning
Include interactive polling to let learners see how other learners are doing.
Elearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 9/109/10
- Content - 10/1010/10
- Learning - 10/1010/10
- Creative - 9/109/10
- Overall - 10/1010/10
Founded in 2003, Kognito creates virtual experiences that help people navigate high-stakes conversations, providing the confidence and capabilities they need to advance their lives and the lives of others. Kognito’s technology is research-proven and unites art and neuroscience to empower users to drive positive changes in health behaviors. The company currently has more than 450 clients in education, government, and healthcare settings and has been recognized for its evidence-based programs.
Learn more or access demos at http://www.kognito.com.
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.