US Army: Connect with Haji Kamal
You’re a US Army sergeant in Afghanistan. Can you help a young lieutenant overcome cultural differences and make a good impression on a Pashtun leader?
That’s the challenge behind “Connect with Haji Kamal,” a decision-making scenario developed for the US Army.
Why we like it
- Good example of complex branching with 12 paths through the material which cross at several points, so one bad choice doesn’t necessarily lead to failure.
- Authentic storyline built in collaboration with SME’s
- Dialogue driven – the whole scenario is based around debate
- Looks great – using graphic novel style illustration, the images are comic-ified photos.
- Good use of audio for the discussion.
- Forms part of a toolkit to help soldiers practice specific cross-cultural capabilities.
How to improve this elearning
A legacy Flash module, we’d of course build in HTML5 and at points where the learners make good or bad decisions we’d add in some carefully designed badges, so that the learner can see their progress and monitor how they’ve done at the end of the task.
Elearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 8/108/10
- Content - 8/108/10
- Learning - 8/108/10
- Creative - 8/108/10
- Overall - 8/108/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.