Will Interactive: Common Ground is a video-based module that explores sexual harassment issues and law in the workplace
A branching video-based module built in Flash, Common Ground explores sexual harassment issues and law in the workplace via interactive storytelling. A creative twist on compliance training, the videos are captivating – well scripted, professionally produced and draw you in to the decision-making process. Plus it covers the legal requirements in all 50 US states.
Role specific routes
Branching decision points
Overviews and summaries
Why we like it
- Fantastic videos – well scripted, well acted and immersive stories that are viewed through the eyes of a central character, who shares her inner, honest thoughts with the viewers
- Bring to life the fact there’s sometimes gray areas around potential harassment cases – but if it’s not clear cut, you don’t just ignore
- Enables exploration by suggesting learners choose another decision so they can see how it would have played out, even if they got the answer right first time
- Nice, simple interface and full screen video
- Neat use of sound when interacting with the menu
Accessibility options built in
How to improve this elearning
The video is really what shines with this learning module – it’s like watching a soap opera at your desk. (It would be great if it were multi-device, so it could be accessed elsewhere too). In comparison, the pure text delivery of the intros and summaries falls a little flat. Consider using visuals (screengrabs from the videos?), or a bit of audio to spruce them up to ensure they don’t just get skimmed over.
Elearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 9/109/10
- Content - 8/108/10
- Learning - 9/109/10
- Creative - 9/109/10
- Overall - 9/109/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.