Vodafone: Netpolis is an educational knowledge and strategy game about mobile telephony
NetPolis is an educational knowledge and strategy game that aims to communicate the principles of building mobile telephony networks
Why we like it
- Fun example of a simulation game, where players “build” a network in an imaginary city.
- Internet deployed, catch-all design aims to educate new employees on the basic principles of mobile telephony, while at the same time promoting an understanding of mobile telephony to high school students.
- Example of how a gaming approach can deliver fun at the same time as the required technical knowledge.
- Provides an environment in which players can explore and make mistakes, get feedback and guidance and then try again. Good learning-by-doing model.
- Good example of collaborative design – using the expertise of telecommunications engineers and game designers, and overseen by an instructional design team to ensure really effective learning.
How to improve this elearning
Elearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 7/107/10
- Content - 9/109/10
- Learning - 7/107/10
- Creative - 9/109/10
- Overall - 8/108/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.