Brightbolts: Introduction to Financial Statements
A professional looking course driven by voiceover.
Why we like it
- Good use of full screen background imagery to demonstrate the main financial documents as they are presented
- Background images change with interactive elements on a scren
- The learning model is show-me/Try-it, i.e. a learning screen followed by a knowledge check question with feedback.
- Interactive menu allows the learner to select their level and work through the course as a beginner or advanced learner.
- The professional audio voice over is a bonus on the presentation screens, explaining the concepts in stages.
- The creative design takes a basic icon-driven approach which is actually quite good for this content as it keeps it simple and works well with the animated presentations.
- The learning design is solid, with case studies to demonstrate the concepts and as contexts for the activities.
- A handy notebook functions lets you make notes straight into the course as you go along
How to improve this elearning
This comment isn’t restricted to this example, but sometimes when we look at these, we think they are quite ‘typical’ looking, and wonder if the click-through could be replaced with a one-page scrolling approach. Go on! This is a call to go forth and experiment!
Elearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 8/108/10
- Content - 8/108/10
- Learning - 9/109/10
- Creative - 8/108/10
- Overall - 8/108/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.