Savv-e: Social Media
Millions of us use social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter to communicate and organize our personal lives online. And because work is such a big part of our lives it’s only natural that some of it will filter into social conversations and interactions online. But there has to be parameters, right?
Australian Elucidat partner, Savv-e, has developed a ‘ready-to-go’ module, on using social media at work; a module written by specialists that can be tailored to an organization’s own specific learning objectives.
Why we like it
- It’s a web-based responsive design.
- Includes a visual menu that branches to key topics.
- Rich, illustrative graphical treatment which suits the subject matter.
- Includes a Survey topic that captures learners’ current social media usage.
- Uses a variety of page types such as the Vertical Timeline to break up chunks of text based material.
- Includes real-life examples and scenarios to highlight key learning.
- Can be easily tailored to an organisation’s specific social media policy and guidelines.
How to improve this elearning
As this has been written as a generic compliance module, what might be missing is the context that makes it relevant to a specific audience. By tailoring some of the content, for example adapting or adding more context rich scenarios, an organization can make it reflect its brand, tone of voice and company values.
A note from Savv-e:
“We created the Social Media module to help organisations personalise and humanise their social media policies. Too often organisational policies can be seen by employees as red tape that only gets dragged out when something goes wrong. We created this Social Media e-learning to speak to individuals in their language and engage them in practical activities that demonstrate how to avoid the dangers of social media use.
We have made excellent use of the rapid development tool/platform, it is graphically engaging and appealing, it achieves the learning outcomes in the way real learning should be – so much fun you don’t even realise that it’s a compliance module!“
- Check out Savv-e’s Social Media module here (demo)
- Visit Savv-e.com.au for more information about their Ready-to-Go modules
Elearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 8/108/10
- Content - 8.5/108.5/10
- Learning - 8.5/108.5/10
- Creative - 8/108/10
- Overall - 8/108/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.