Nobel Prize: The Blood Typing Game (Produced by Nobel Prize)
The Blood Typing Game is produced in-house by Nobel Media to further explain the benefits of Nobel Prize awarded achievements for a younger audience.
Why we like it
- Great example of gamification with lots of interactions – you have to get the blood type right before you get to the next level and are allowed to attempt a blood transfusion.
- Consequence style feedback is really effective – get the transfusion wrong and your patient will react! Well, have a go and see what happens!
- User-driven – you can select routes through the tasks, retake tasks and pause to go to the tutorials to swot up before continuing.
- We like the way the text and graphic content is simply treated with an HTML page – no click throughs, just good old fashioned web design.
- Good use of sound effects which add to the experience rather than being distracting.
How this elearning can be improved
There’s a few places where we’d ensure layout and design were consistent and of course we’d add badges so you can earn rewards and accolades as you successfully treat each patient.
Elearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 9/109/10
- Content - 9/109/10
- Learning - 9/109/10
- Creative - 8/108/10
- Overall - 9/109/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.