Medieval Swansea: City Witness use Elucidat to develop an interactive eLearning game
City Witness is a major, cross-institutional, multi-disciplinary research project, funded by the UK Arts and Humanities Research Council. In this elearning you can find information about the project, as well as guidance on how you can make use of the City Witness resources.
Why we like it
- Fully responsive, looks good and works well on all platforms and devices.
- Scenario driven with branching – interactive challenges take learns on a quests to solve a medieval mystery.
- Story-based – narrative stages, character witnesses.
- Feedback – at each stage of the investigation.
- Progression – a dynamic map allows the player-learner to see what stage they are at and what’s left to do.
- Scoring – opportunities to gather points and bonuses, unlocking the next stage.
- Dynamic polling – get to vote on solving the mystery and see how other players are voting.
How to improve this elearning
Sound effects would really bring this to life, or more specifically a ‘soundtrack’ with audio footage of what a medieval town could have sounded like and perhaps the odd lute as background music.
eLearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 8/108/10
- Content - 9/109/10
- Learning - 8/108/10
- Creative - 9/109/10
- Overall - 9/109/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.