“Ice and Sky” is an educational program put together by experts in climate and environment issues
“Man’s pressure on biodiversity has now become so extreme that in just two centuries we could annihilate as many species as over the course of several hundred million years of evolution.”
This and other emotional facts are beautifully presented in this education program. With a mix of quality photography, videography and animation and a documentary style narration, this programme really holds your interest. The Ice and Sky educational program, produced by Wild-Touch is a free resource, put together by experts in climate and environment issues and the teaching community. It’s engaging and easy to use.
Why we like it
- Has a simple interface.
- Is a web-based responsive design with a mixture of clickable and scrolling navigation.
- Has an easy-to-use menu structure.
- Uses a mixture of presentation approaches to engage and hold interest, for example video, audio, narrated animation, music, text and photography.
- Uses a case study and storytelling approach to present and compare evidence and events.
- Content is well chunked, easy to follow and supported by additional downloadable content.
- Uses an emotive and well-paced voice-over, that’s engaging and thought provoking.
- Has an uncluttered interface helps focus attention on the content.
How to improve this elearning
This program can be used in schools and educational institutions and so I would expect teachers to develop other learning content around it. As a standalone piece other interactive elements could be included such as giving learners the power to make some decisions or to guess what happened and compare their thoughts with those of experts. Polling could also be useful here to compare thoughts with others.
Elearning Superstars Rating
- Usability - 9/109/10
- Content - 9/109/10
- Learning - 9/109/10
- Creative - 9/109/10
- Overall - 9/109/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.