Broken Co-Worker: Not your typical elearning experience
A great example for its creative use of video, interactive scenarios and comic book elearning.
Why we like it
- Good use of video for context and feedback
- Careful use of music helps set the scene
- Inspired by the printed comic book layout gives it good visual appeal and a strong story-based structure
- Interactive video – with some strong scripting gives users real problems to solve and uses video effectively for feedback
- Allows users to share progress on social sites
How to improve this eLearning
First off, migrate to HTML5. Next, add in real time polling so you can see how the choices learners make in Sam’s situation levels up with other folk doing the course. And how about adding in some achievement badges so you know at each stage how you’re doing. The use of video here is really good, we love using video feedback – very engaging. The production value is good given that the writers of the course did it all themselves, but it does demonstrate the issue of low-res audio. We would invest a little more in good sound equipment and a bit of post-production to boost audio quality.
eLearning Superstars rating
- Usability - 8/108/10
- Content - 8/108/10
- Learning - 8/108/10
- Creative - 8/108/10
- Overall - 8/108/10
Share your elearning: Have you created some inspiring elearning that you're really proud of? Showcase your elearning to win awards and get recognized.